Charities – People, Planet, Profit
Sheila strongly believes there’s a lot more to business than just making a profit. As such, her business philosophy integrates a “three P” triple bottom line: people, planet and profit.
- Encourage goal setting to ensure those we work with are living their ideal lives;
- Provide a safe, clean, healthy and fun work environment;
- Provide personal development resources so staff can always work toward becoming their best selves;
- Always remind staff that life is short, so we should never take ourselves too seriously!
- Minimize your carbon footprint, and be sure to reduce, reuse and recycle;
- All business ventures should be free of animal cruelty;
- Donate to worthwhile causes and give back to your community;
- Leave the world a better place than when you arrived !
- Create a socially responsible company that’s profitable for all business partners;
- Make sure your business partners are impressed by your profits so you can keep giving back to your community, while having a blast with your staff, and doing other cool shit for the world!
Mats for Metta Charity - Oranj Fitness Founded Charity
In January 2014, Sheila founded Oranj Fitness company charity Mats for Metta. Mats for Metta is a program created in an effort to make yoga more accessible to our local communities – and in particular, students. Many studies have shown that students exposed to yoga show major improvements in their self-regulatory skills such as: resilience, anger management, expression and mindfulness.
Sheila and her staff at oranj have taught yoga to many students and charity groups over the years, and had an overwhelmingly positive response from not only the students, but also their teachers and support staff. The requests for more private yoga sessions geared towards children and yoga for healing started to evolve. With this in mind, Sheila was inspired to create a way to provide more yoga to her local community, and Mats for Metta was founded.
Since this charity was founded, oranj fitness has donated over $30,000 of yoga mats and accessories into their communities.
To get involved please contact your local oranj fitness studio.
Boxer Rescue – Personal Charity of Choice
An animal lover who strongly believes in the rights of our furry friends, Sheila regularly donates to many animal causes. As mom to a cute boxer named Thelma, Sheila’s charities of choice are Boxer Rescue Canada and Boxer Rescue Ontario. She contributes by running charity yoga classes each year and donating the proceeds to these worthwhile animal causes. To get more information on how to adopt a boxer dog, or contribute to the Boxer Rescue cause, visit Boxer Rescue Ontario and Boxer Rescue Canada online.
Some Other Solutions Child & Youth Program –
Shine Kids Fitness Charity
Starting in the Summer of 2016, Shine Kids Fitness began supporting Some Other Solutions (SOS) Child & Youth Program. This local organization in Fort McMurray supports all individuals experiencing stress, emotional distress, loneliness, and suicidal thoughts. They help empower individuals of all ages and backgrounds to find the tools and resources they need to better manage life challenges. SOS's Child & Youth Program provides child & youth mentoring programs in local schools, as well as summer camps where kids learn how to treat one another with utmost respect, no matter their religion, race, culture, and creed. Shine Kids Fitness provides free yoga classes during these summer camps. Shine supports SOS as they strive to achieve a summer of creativity, making friends, and fostering a sense of self-worth with high self-esteem.